Internet Marketing Tips – Give Forum Marketing a Try
If you’re looking for Internet marketing tips that really pay off, you can’t afford to skip forum marketing. This is a style of marketing that far too many would-be marketers pass by without a second glance. Unfortunately for them, it means they are leaving money on the table.
Forum marketing gives you an immediate opportunity to build credibility, foster a sense of community, and-even better-to show your audience what you have to offer via your signature, every single time you offer helpful insight or advice or simply contribute to the conversation. The more you contribute, the more opportunities you have for passive advertising.
Benefits of Forum Marketing
1) Free. Most forums are free. The ones you should utilize for the sake of testing a niche or marketing to a specific niche should be of the free variety. Why? For maximum exposure. Not only are you saving money but you are also marketing to a larger group of people because they aren’t paying for the privilege of participation in these forums. Free advertising is excellent no matter where you are in your Internet marketing career. It is vital when you are just getting started though.
2) It’s evergreen. Most forums archive the information for quite a while. This means that your signature or profile link will be active long after your active participation on the forum ends. As long as the link is live, you will continue to receive some small amount of traffic from your forum contributions.
3) Search engines love forums. It’s true. Forums provide a constant supply of new, varied, and frequently updated content in many keywords. Search engines love them, which means you’re signature will get a lot of exposure by accident if you actively participate in niche related forums with a link to your site in your signature.
4) Easy. We Internet marketers love easy. You don’t need to be able to build a website, design a Squidoo lens, or even write an article to market through forums. You simply share your experience with the product, your love of the product, or your concerns about the product with other people who share the same likes, dislikes, questions, and concerns.
5) Quick. The best thing by far about forum marketing is that it doesn’t require endless hours of planning and executing. You can make a lot of headway by spending a few minutes a day on your forum marketing efforts. The more forums you participate in the better but you can devote as much or as little time to this endeavor as possible. And once you begin seeing results, you can figure out easily which forums deliver the best response and focus your efforts there.