Goal Setting Tips For The Internet Marketer
The purpose of this article is to not only assist the veteran marketer, but also the newbie or procrastinator. Hopefully this will get you off your proverbial “butt”. Many folks out there have bought the next “get rich quick online” system more than once. The sad truth is, many of these programs help, but few take the student to fruition. Most consumers of internet marketing programs start with great aspirations and quit with the first “glitch” in their system. If you are like most, you have probably stopped at the first challenge and looked for the next program for online riches.
First off, most programs seem to rely on an “inherent marketing or computer knowledge” by the consumer of their product. It is probably not intentional, but I believe many of the gurus forgot what it is like starting out.
Regardless what program or system you follow, these are some helpful tips for getting your business off the ground:
1. Break out the calendar! Use a cheap yearly calendar that you can hang on the wall in front of your computer.
2. There are certain steps that must be taken for every online business (domain, hosting, autoresponder,etc.). Scan through the program and find or make a list of tasks that must be accomplished. Write each on the calendar for the date you would like that step completed. I have found if you use dates that you know you have some free-time, the odds of completing that task rise significantly.
3. Don’t fall behind! When you write a goal date for a certain task, get it done. Don’t underestimate the time you will need, but at the same time, don’t sell yourself short.
4. Stay engaged! Read and participate in the online community. If you are dead tired and shot at the end of the day, at least read something online before going to bed. It is amazing how a day away from your business, turns to two days, which turns to weeks, or years!
5. Choose a mentor. A mentor should be someone who ” has been there, done that”. He or she should ideally be a person with a similar technology background and is truly invested in your success. Someone who takes you by the hand and shows you how to do it. To be successful long-term, you need to understand and learn how to replicate the steps.
6. This is the most important step! Obviously if you are looking into an internet or stay at home business, you are not satisfied with you current situation. Everyday you go to bed without any positive movement towards your goals, you are cheating not only yourself, but also your family.
You deserve more, and I am here to tell you that everything is possible with goals!
I hope you enjoyed my article.
Sincerely, Greg Roberts…